Masters Athlete Testimonials
- President Frenchville Triathlon club
- Director of Tri-Central triathlon coaching services
- Australian Triathlon age group team Captain Lausanne Switzerland 2006
“Where do I start? Peter Reaburn, the man has passion… Yep he believes in what he does, he believes in people gaining the correct information… He can communicate as well, you don’t get baffled with the lingo with Peter, he has the ability to communicate with the regular man. Yeah, but can he walk the walk… 7th in his age group at the 2005 Hawaii Ironman Triathlon and winning the national Ironman Triathlon champs will tell you that… The PhD is also a good indicator that he walks the walk. Peter has been a great mentor and sounding board for me during my triathlon career and now as I grow into my coaching role. Top shelf.”
- Seven (7) times Ironman Triathlon Finisher including Hawaii 2001
- National Masters Champion – 50m,100 m Butterfly – 1996
- National Masters Champion – 200 m Butterfly – 1986
- National Masters Champion – 50m,100m,200m Butterfly -1987
- Gold Coast Marathon Finisher – 1997 & 1998
- Grafton to Inverell Cycle Classic (228 km) – Finisher 2008
I first met Peter Reaburn in 1987 through Masters swimming. Since that time I have had a developed a very close connection with Peter in relation to preparing for and competing in endurance-based events. He has been instrumental in the success I have enjoyed.
A key part of this process has not only been Peters expert theoretical knowledge on sports science, but more importantly his practical ability to relate this information to the everyday masters athlete with careful consideration given to their family and work commitments.
Peter is a very fine athlete himself. He practices what he preaches, particularly the overload adaption principle and the absolute need for rest and recovery.
He is a true professional!
Aaron Coutts PhD
- Sport Science Advisor – Essendon Australian Rules Football & and Parramatta Eels Rugby League Clubs.
“Peter has been a life-long professional mentor for me. He is a highly credentialed sport scientist, a successful competitive athlete and an author who practices what he preaches. Peter has the unique ability to translate the latest complicated scientific research into meaningful information for all athletes. He removes the scientific jargon and conveys a meaningful message in layman’s terms . Peter’s scientific approach has been fundamental to his personal achievements as a competitive Masters athlete. This website will enable you to access the latest sports science research, knowledge and training practices to gain a competitive advantage. I am certain that Peter’s wisdom will assist you to achieve your sporting goals! ”
- 1984 Australian 100km and Road Time Trial Champion
- 1984 Australian Individual and Teams Pursuit and 4000m Champion
- 2007 Track Points Race Champion, World Masters Championships
“Since Peter has come into our world of Cycling and Triathlon , the wordamongst fellow athletes is that if you want to achieve a personal goal you go talk to Peter Reaburn as his knowledge is invaluable.”
Judy (Meyer) Bonning & John Bonning
- Past President, United States Masters Swimming
- Past Chairman of the United States Masters Swimming Coaches Committee
- Lifetime Achievement Award from MACA (Masters Aquatic Coaches Association)
- 1992 USMS Coach of the Year
- Masters athlete and swim school owner
“I cannot think of anyone who is more qualified to inform us about Masters athletes and training! His knowledge and his passion for Master’s athletes is unsurpassed! I am so excited that Peter (Dr. Reaburn) is finally able to devote himself completely to doing what he loves – teaching others the love and benefits of sport, health and fitness!”