- Aging successfully – what does the research say?
- The aging athlete – a model of successful aging!
- Getting and staying active – the secrets to starting and sticking to an exercise program
- Weight control strategies that science says work
- Living longer – fun, fitness and friendship
- Enhancing the quality of life – what does the research say?
Sporting Organisation Workshops
- Top 10 training tips for older athletes
- Seven common training mistakes of older athletes
- Recovery strategies that science says work.
- 10 reasons older athletes should weight train
- The key factors when coaching older athletes
- Nutrition before, during and after racing and training
- The aging process and implications for older athletes
- Slowing down the age-related declines in performance
- Weight control strategies that science says work in older athletes
- Strategies to staying healthy and illness-free while training hard and often
- Preventing overtraining in older athletes
- Smart training for time-poor athletes
- The principles of training older athletes
- Endurance development for older athletes
- The importance of weight training for the older athlete
- Strategies for training and racing in the heat and cold
- Nutrition for older athletes – what does the research say?
- Legal performance-enhancing supplements for older athletes
“Cycling Australia recently invited Dr Peter Reaburn to speak one evening during the Australian Masters Road Cycling Championships. Peter presented to a group of Masters Cyclists and coaches. He is an exceptional presenter and speaker who talks with considerable enthusiasm and knowledge and captures the interest of everyone in the room. As an athlete himself he was able to walk the walk with his presentation and debate his teachings. Cycling Australia has invited Peter to provide regular contributions to our membership newsletter “e-cycle” which has gained a strong following. ”
National Development Coordinator – Officiating & Masters | Cycling Australia
“We are extremely happy with the presentation provided by Peter to our clients. Peter’s presentation was lively and very interactive and the feedback from our clients has been overwhelming. I will definitely look to work with Peter again in the future where ever we are providing client, or staff, presentations.”
National Manager Practice Development, Retire Invest Advice Group
“Peter is a true educator! His style of presentation engages workshop participation. He not only encourages attendees to ask their questions but more importantly asks questions of them; in turn this expands upon the learning experience and outcomes. I highly recommend the services of Peter Reaburn.”
State Development & Media Manager, Cycling Queensland
“Peter Reaburn is an excellent communicator who engages audiences with simple, sincere and captivating messages based on his detailed research into exercise physiology and well-being blended with lots of personal experience. Above everything else, Peter comes across as a person who understands and embraces humanity and relationships – a wonderful attribute in a researcher and educator.”
Principal Project Officer (Business & Industry Development)
Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
“Peter was one of the keynote presenters at our last conference and his lectures were professional, inspirational and real. He communicated his vast knowledge on many levels making the sessions inclusive despite the varied educational backgrounds and learning abilities of our delegates. I eagerly look forward to his presentations at our next conference.”
President, Queensland Keep Fit Association Inc.
“I have had the pleasure of being both a student and employee of Dr Peter Reaburn since I began my journey into sport in 1999 as an undergraduate student at CQU (now CQUniversity). Over the last 10 years and now in my current employment, I have been privy to countless lectures, workshops and presentations delivered by Peter and the same themes have been consistent during this time: his knowledge, his willingness to share that knowledge and his ability to make the science of sport easy to understand and accessible to everyone in the “real world”. If you want to learn and be empowered at the same time, Peter Reaburn is your man.”
National Coaching & Development Coordinator, Cycling Australia
“Peter was our guest speaker at a Business Breakfast on the topic ‘Aging Successfully’ at the Tattersalls Club. He immediately engaged with the audience and held them for the duration – they were all attentive and continued to ask many diverse questions in Q & A. The Masters Rowers of the University of Queensland and guests all took home at least one personal message. We look forward to the next opportunity to have Peter share his knowledge and experiences with us.”
University of Queensland Boat Club and Duncan Hall Sports